The Next Generation: Apply Now!
Are you hoping to pursue a career in the creative industry? We’re calling all emerging creatives to apply to our annual showcase highlighting fresh talent.
As summertime reaches its height in the UK, the team at It’s Nice That gets ready for one calendar highlight that’s been a staple for years: grads season. Since 2009 we’ve run an annual Graduates showcase, spotlighting tremendous talent about to enter the industry. But this year, we’re doing things a little differently. We recognise that a university education isn’t everything. For one, higher education is a privilege that not everyone has access to. But beyond that, we understand it’s not the only means of entering the creative industry, and nor should it be. So this year, The Graduates is getting a revamp. We’re widening our search, which means you don’t just have to be a new graduate to apply. If you have been working for one year or less in the creative industry, we’d love to hear from you.
With this change, there is cause for a new name – one that isn’t so tied to formal education – and we hope you like it. To mark another extraordinary year, we’re launching The Next Generation. A showcase of fresh talent championing the best new creatives in the industry no matter what your discipline. So, without further ado, applications are now open for The Next Generation 2021!
Please note you are only eligible to enter if at least one of the following is applicable to your current circumstances:
- Graduated, or be due to graduate, from an undergraduate course (bachelor’s or equivalent) in 2021.
- Applicants must have left formal education in the last year (excluding qualifications higher than a bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- For those without a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, applicants must have less than a year’s work experience in the creative industry.
How to Apply
- Complete the application after clicking the “Apply Now” button.
- All portfolios can be submitted as a website link or a downloadable PDF up to 10 MB. Unfortunately, we cannot open WeTransfer links, Hightail or Dropbox folders.
- Work submitted must be the product of an individual portfolio, as opposed to a partnership or collective.
- We prefer evidence of work that isn’t bound by previous commercial or competition briefs. We want to see work that has authorship and that is original to you!
- Applications close midnight Monday 2 August 2021 BST.
We look forward to viewing your application and wish you the best of luck!